Tuesday, December 15, 2009

'Tis the Season

A friend said I needed to update my blog because she was tired of seeing the “turd.” WHAT? How could that be, I thought. It’s so classy! But I suppose the novelty of a turd monster movie only lasts so long.

I know I haven’t been good about writing consistently. In the grand scheme of things, it hasn’t been that important to me. I mean, on the long list of things I haven’t really excelled at lately, sharing random and meaningless information (reference previous post) hasn’t been my highest goal.

There are several things I’ve been thinking about and hopefully I’ll be able to sit down at some point and assemble those thoughts in writing. I think my writing will change to some degree over the next few months. Motherhood has made me more reflective and I find myself desiring to be less cynical of the world around me. Some sense of sarcasm will always be in my pocket. It makes good humor. But, in the midst of road rage, criticisms, and complaints, there are beautiful moments in life I seldom savor. I often opt for the more humorous approach at the expense of sharing the meaningful side of life’s lessons. And if you visit this blog specifically for the turd movie type entries, don’t worry- I can’t be all sentimental and meaningful every time. I just need more balance.

It’s Christmas. Stop reading blogs. Turn off your computers. Turn off your TVs. Spend some quality time with the people in your life. Pick up the phone instead of sending an e-mail. Handwrite a note to someone you love. Be a friend. Help a stranger. Play with your kids. Appreciate your spouse. Talk. Laugh. Love. Thank God for all you have, then apologize for taking it for granted. Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

Its Lainee said...

I love all your sides, Jen . . . now it'll really be a SQUARE and balanced view! Hope to see you wen we get back from Tejas.

robin said...

Good words,Jennifer. I wish I would've read them sooner, but I'll carry those thoughts into the new year! Happy New Year!