Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A New View

A friend asked me a few weeks ago if I planned to start blogging about pregnancy, babies, and all that family stuff that no single person honestly cares to read about. “No,” I responded. “If I start blogging about all of that, I’ll do it on another venue/blog”… which I had already started creating. But as the days passed, I thought, who am I kidding? I haven’t even written on this blog in four weeks. I can’t maintain two blogs. Half the time these days I can’t remember what I’m doing from one moment to the next. I can’t tell you how many times in one day I will get up to do something, and the very next second can’t remember what I was doing. It happened today at work. I reached to get a Post It and realized it was my last one. I got up to go get a new set of Post Its from the supply room and came back with a blueberry muffin from the kitchen. Go figure.

If I had little else to do with my time, maintaining two blogs wouldn’t feel like such a challenge. But I do… and it is. So, I’m not starting a separate blog specifically for my life as a wife and mother. But, I also have no desire to be so consumed with those things that I lose all other facets of my life. And in the end, I cannot separate the different aspects of my life. All of these things influence who I am and my perspective on life. I hope that in introducing new layers and topics to A Square View, that my perspective becomes more personal and meaningful in some way- to me and to others. If you’re one of my single friends and you don’t want to read about how I sit on the couch at night and watch my stomach as my son kicks me, or how I’ll probably adore my husband more and more as I watch him become a father, then skip those entries. Don’t worry, I’ll still include the shallow, humorous rants and raves you’ve become accustomed to.

So, in the next week, A Square View will be going through a slight facelift as I make some changes, add some features, and update everything. Thanks for being patient with me in the process.

1 comment:

Its Lainee said...

Well said, friend! You've always been good at balancing your life rather than compartmentalizing it--just don't start talking about your ailments or I can't hang out with you anymore.