Friday, February 27, 2009

Putting off my Procrastination

When Jon told me he was giving up fast food and carbonated beverages for Lent, I started thinking about it. Maybe I should give up something too. I thought about if for a couple of days before declaring, “I’m giving up procrastination for Lent!” What? That’s what the Man asked. How do you give up procrastination? Well, I’ll stop NOT doing stuff that I know I need to do. That long list of things that I haven’t done yet (update my blog, read those pregnancy books, sell my wedding dress, get the nursery ready, clean the basement…)- I’ll stop talking about how I need to get them done and I’ll do them, hence giving up procrastination. I mean, surely no one thought at six months pregnant that I would give up some kind of food item. Are you kidding me? By the time Easter arrived, I’d be wearing a dress and my new horns to church.

So yes, I’m giving up procrastination. The Man and I are in Atlanta this weekend. He’s downstairs in the hotel at a Psychology conference while I have the entire day to hang out in the room and finally update my blog and do some reading. I’ll get this posted, then work on some other updates on the site. Right after I finish my lunch from Wendy’s, refill my carbonated beverage and grab some SweetTarts.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Giving up procrastination, huh? That sounds wrong somehow. Because being overcommitted and too busy is already one of your, ahem, character traits... this just sounds to me like rationalization. Enablement. Excuses. Why don't you give up doing so much and rest for Lent??

Love,
Lazy

Its Lainee said...

can I borrow those new horns sometime? "Lazy" (Kristi's comment) and I have been developing our Lenten philosophies as well.